[bksvol-discuss] prevaldiating

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:48:33 -0800 (PST)

When I used to scan, I prevalidated, too. And in doing
so, I usually found I'd either skipped a page or two
in my scanning or double-scanned. grin

Also, I did figure out what you meant in your original
post. The terms get confusing--validating, submitting,
uploading--and people often say what they're thinking
and think theymean but what means something different
in our unique bookshare vocabulary. smile

G.Cindy

--- Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Karen,
>
> Good luck getting through all of that mail!  And you
> are not the only
> person who chooses to prevalidate their submissions.
>  I do it too,
> and hope that it helps to make the cleanest copy
> possible for the collection.
>
> Peace,
> Mayrie
>
> At 08:35 PM 12/17/2007, you wrote:
> >This is regarding a comment I made about a week
> ago, saying that I
> >was just about ready to submit my first book.  I
> said that I just
> >needed to self-validate, or proofread, the book
> before it was
> >done.  Subsequently, there has been some discussion
> about whether or
> >not a person can "validate" their own book that
> they scanned and submitted.
> >
> >I think I made a poor choice of words.  I was not
> implying that I
> >would validate my own scanned book, just that I
> wanted to thoroughly
> >check it out myself, or proof-read it, before I
> even submitted the book.
> >
> >And I sent that book in this morning.  Now I am
> tunneling my way
> >through a week's worth of backed up bookshare
> discussion list
> >emails.  About 1000 emails, I think.
> >
> >- Karen
> >

> >To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
> >bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> line.  To get a
> >list of available commands, put the word 'help' by
> itself in the subject line.

at
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/