[bksvol-discuss] Re: pq has gotten us at last

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 19:10:00 -0700

About a year ago, I went through a real struggle regarding books I submitted or
proofed being replaced by PQ books.  I actually stopped proofreading for about
four months or so and let Scott and Carrie know of my decision.
However, I found that I really missed proofreading therefore, I returned to
doing so.  I submitted a couple of books that I really wanted to read, found
several on the check out list that really interested me so I proofed them, and
have recently been working with one main scanner who has been able to borrow
books that I want to read; so I read by proofreading his scans.
I try not to think about the fact that these books may eventually be replaced,
but I get the satisfaction by reading something that interests me and knowing
it will be available to others from my efforts for a while, and hopefully
longer.
I also had to adjust to the fact that Bookshare is a very different
organization than when I began volunteering, and now that's okay too.
For me, the changes have been balanced against the huge number of books from PQ
sources.  And for good and bad, very few things last forever.
Just my thoughts in case they help.

Lori C.