[bksvol-discuss] poetry formatting

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 20:01:08 -0500

Dear Friends,

There may be as many poetry formatting challenges as their are poems!

In this case it's a poem in The Book of Lost Tales, Volume 2.

The 13 lines of this poem scanned accurately. Each line has a 4 space gap near
the middle.

If these gaps are reduced to one space by the tools, the reader won't know
where Tolkien indicated breaks.

Can anyone suggest a technique or symbol I can use? These breaks aren't random.
They make beautiful, rhythmic sense and are a benefit to the reader.

I look forward to reading your suggestions.

Always with love,

Lissi