[bksvol-discuss] Re: please more submits so I can proof read

  • From: "Lynn I" <lynnskyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 21:05:40 -0500

Hi Ann,

For what it's worth, I agree with you. As I've said more than once, mistakes
happen. I make my share, but it bothers me that we pay money to read
material that has many scanning errors (die for the) and so on. We have
books in the collection that are nearly unreadable. I can't tell you how
many times I've been reading in the living room and have had to stop reading
and go into the computer room to look at the Braille display in order to
figure out a word or sentence.
Granted, they may be books submitted prior to the development of submission
criteria presently in place. Many of them are being replaced, and for this
I'm grateful. My love of reading outweighs my disdain for poorly scanned
and/or proofread books, and I do believe that the majority of us do our very
best and are conscientious about our efforts.

You are correct, Ann, what we do as volunteers is a job. *smile*

Blessings.

Lynn I