[bksvol-discuss] Re: please check copyright

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 19:44:42 -0700 (PDT)

I checked Amazon.com. This is one of the books they
allow you to look inside of and that included the
copyright page.

Published by the University Press of New England, the
ext was copyright 1998 by Leslie Cannold. Then, as you
say, Gerald, she added the Intro, Appendix and
Bibliography, or at least she copyrighted those in
2000. The Foreword is copyrighted by someone else--and
stupidly I forgot to write down the name, also in
2000.

I know bookshare tells us to use the lates copyright
date, but since the later date covers only the Into,
Append. & Bibliog & the body was copyrighted earlier,
if it were my book I'd pass the buck and ask Gustavo
or Peter which date to use.

Cindy