[bksvol-discuss] Re: picture question

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 17:21:38 -0800

I have never received a book for proofing that has pictures in it. I suspected they are removed by the submit tool. But maybe I have been wrong. In any case, I have always removed charts and pictures of any kind when I scan.

If important features of the charts are described fairly well in the text, that should be enough. If your reading of the text makes you feel there is something more in the graphs that you are missing, you can ask to have a seeing volunteer find the book and send description for you to put in as proofer notes.

Misha

On 2/27/2011 8:54 AM, jlc wrote:
Hi, all,

I'm proofreading a nonfiction book that is filled with figures. For most of these, the original figure is included in the text, as a Microsoft picture. Should I remove the pictures or leave them in for the post-check-in people to do their thing with them? I haven't been doing this very long and I've never had a picture or graph appear as an object in a book I'm proofreading.

Thanks!

Julie