[bksvol-discuss] picture describer and validator needed

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 15:06:42 -0400

Dear Booksharian Friends,

Is there a sighted volunteer who would be willing to validate and describe the pictures for a short children's book called Winnie the Pooh's Valentine by Bruce Talkington. Every other page in this oversized library book is a full page color illustration. I can't tell what the animals are doing and think this book will be more complete with descriptions to perk up the ears of little readers as they read it or listen to someone reading it to them. We have blind parents who use Bookshare books to read to their little children and I know many of them appreciate being able to read the picture descriptions.

Please contact me off list at

airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'll page and proof the book carefully. The blank pages with page numbers at the tops will be there ready for you to write your descriptions.

I'll scan other such books in the future if you're interested in helping me with more books in this way.

Always with love,

Lissi