[bksvol-discuss] Re: pasents & can't renew

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 21:19:13 -0800 (PST)

Kelly,

One thing I've done in the past in a similar situation
is to return the book and then borrow it again, either
by putting another hold on it or, if it's in my
branch, taking it off the return truck or shelf and
trying to check it out again, which will work if no
one else has requested it--or maybe there is another
copy of the same book if it is a new or popular one.

In the meantime, continue to renew it at bookshare.
Otherwise the work you've done on it will go to waste,
because the copy that goes back to the download list
is the original, not the one you've been working on.

Cindy