[bksvol-discuss] Re: paragraph spacing

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 11:47:17 -0800

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Are you saying that Braille readers have said that they prefer blank lines between paragraphs? If so, then I would just say that I am *definitely* not one of them. I have been reading Braille books for decades, and it just doesn't feel natural to me to have blank lines between paragraphs. Now that I read books on a Braille display, I don't like them for an additional reason: I have to scroll past a blank line after each paragraph. I just don't see the point, not to mention the extra button push or scroll click needed, which adds up to thousands for each book. My OpenBook puts blank lines between paragraphs when I save in .rtf format, and the first thing I do - thanks to Jake's helpful information - is eliminate them in Word.

If you didn't actually say that most Braille readers prefer blank lines between paragraphs, then I'm sorry for wasting your time, but as it is worded, it seems a bit ambiguous.