[bksvol-discuss] Re: paging issue

  • From: Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 09:31:38 -0800

Are you sure the printed book doesn't have pictures?  I wouldn't think
that would be the issue if something like that happens a few lines
apart, but some books are illustrated that way.

I'm thinking the way Stephen King's The Gunslinger has something like
5 full page illustrations inserted.

On 10/2/09, Tracy Carcione <carcione@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am having a strange problem with paging in Word.  I am searching for ^m
> to check page breaks and page numbers.  It is finding them, but sometimes,
> when I move the cursor around to check the last line of the previous page,
> it says there is another page.  For example:
> "Great, let's go," John said.
>
> page 96
>
> page break
> page 97
>
> I hope that's clear.  I have set the page margins in Word to 0" all
> around, but it hasn't made the problem go away.
> I can deal with it, but it's pretty confusing, especially when it has a
> couple of these phony breaks in a row, a couple lines apart.
>
> Anyone know what's happening?
>
> In the same doc, the font is Bookman Old Style, but, if I do control-d to
> bring up the font menu, all I get is fonts beginning with "device" e.g.,
> device 10CPI.
> What's that about?
> Tracy

Soronel Haetir