[bksvol-discuss] paging issue

  • From: "Tracy Carcione" <carcione@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 13:20:10 -0400 (EDT)

I am having a strange problem with paging in Word.  I am searching for ^m
to check page breaks and page numbers.  It is finding them, but sometimes,
when I move the cursor around to check the last line of the previous page,
it says there is another page.  For example:
"Great, let's go," John said.

page 96

page break
page 97

I hope that's clear.  I have set the page margins in Word to 0" all
around, but it hasn't made the problem go away.
I can deal with it, but it's pretty confusing, especially when it has a
couple of these phony breaks in a row, a couple lines apart.

Anyone know what's happening?

In the same doc, the font is Bookman Old Style, but, if I do control-d to
bring up the font menu, all I get is fonts beginning with "device" e.g.,
device 10CPI.
What's that about?
Tracy