[bksvol-discuss] Re: pagination format question

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 19:03:22 -0500

Hi Misha and everyone!

In my experience, books that are nonfiction that are on the more scholarly side than most nonfiction are more likely to contain square brackets within the text to include a bit of text within those square brackets for clarification.

Debby

At 11:42 PM 6/2/2010, Mike wrote
It is unlikely there are any other square brackets (that's why we use them around scanner or proofer comments, they are very rare otherwise), so you can remove them with replace all. The bookshare tools are supposed to remove any text before or after a page number that is consistent from one page to another. What it would do when there is the same text (the brackets) both before and after the number, I haven't a clue.

Misha

Van Lants wrote:
Hi - I just started cleaning up my scan of a new book. has The page numbers are formatted in square brackets. Do you all think this is a problem for the BKS system? I know I'll need to clean up some of the page numbers, but if I don't need to strip the brackets off each one, that would be nice.

Robin

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5164 (20100601) __________

http://www.eset.com

mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>