[bksvol-discuss] Re: pagination

  • From: "Julie Morales" <mercy421@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:33:33 -0400

Hi, Lissi. OK...I don't use DAISY, but I know what it's like to not understand
something like this, so I'll try to tell you what I know, at least regarding
pagination. DAISY files have tags to help with navigation within the file.
Those tags include tags for pagination, among other things. That's part of what
the stripper does. When you submit a file and take the braille file, when it
looks like page numbers are gone from the braille file, the stripper stripped
them but they were incorporated into the tags for the DAISY files, so they
might be gone for those of us who use braille, but if you thwart the stripper
by making it so that it doesn't remove page numbers, that also makes the
navigation by pages for the DAISY files impossible because the DAISY tags for
pagination can't be made. Did I explain this any better or just confuse you
even more? *grin* Take care.
Julie Morales
mercy421@xxxxxxxxxxx
Windows/MSN Messenger (but not email):