[bksvol-discuss] Re: pages not coordinating

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 09:48:08 -0600

Jill,
Saving in KES won't actually change anything with the page breaks, but it can
help you to see what is going on.  that is because if it is a KES file you can
set user page number, found in the navigation menu.  Use the first page number
you see in the text of the book to set the page to and then you can hit page
down and check the page numbers you see in the text with what Kurzweil is
saying.  If they stop matching then you know there are page break problems.  I
suspect there must really be some mess in the book you have if the page count
is off by that much.
I would suggest going through the book and hitting Control-Enter just above
every page number if you think they appeared at the tops of pages.  Ask the
submitter about that if you can.  If the page numbers were at the bottoms of
pages you would want to hit Control-Enter after each page number.  Whenever you
come accross a page break that is not near a page number hit
Control-Shift-Enter when you are just below the extraineous pagebreak.  It is a
lot of work, but if you are willing to do it it sure helps improve the
collection.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity