[bksvol-discuss] Re: pages but not at page breaks?

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 11:42:00 -0600

Lori, these are the soft page breaks that we've been talking about. You can go to the file menu, page setup, and change the paper size to legal, or custom, where you can enter an even longer page length. These are simple places where Word believes that a printed page would end. They are not truly there, and won't appear if you upload the file with them there. It does, however, make things easier while proofing, to change the paper size, so things are just a little cleaner as we work.

Melissa

Lori wrote:
Ok, I may not have described this correctly, so here goes more details.

I am using Word 2003.
Normally the page with a number is present at the page breaks. Well, I've come across in the middle of the text a place where page 156 is announced, but not actually in the text. While listening to the next line it is anounced page 157--again not actually written in the text. I know this has to do with the scan but how do I eliminate this as it isn't correct and I don't seem to be able to find anything by arrowing around..

I'm also noticing that I cannot control-pagedown or up as it jumps large chunks of pages.

Help! I can't page through my book.

Lori M