[bksvol-discuss] Re: page numbers etc.

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:39:17 -0600

All,  Bookshare engineering are working at multiple levels to create an
even better Bookshare.  What you heard last week are a few 'final
frontier' ideas and project.  At the same time the engineering team     is
always busy on core functionality.

G.

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Research,
Human Ability & Accessibility Center,   (HA&AC)
Austin Tx.
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

". . . Maybe it was only those who were most certain they were right who
were guaranteed to be wrong. And that maybe, just maybe, those who
questioned the most were in the end those who came closest to being wise."
[David Poyer, The Command]

"Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
01/18/2008 11:59 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: page numbers etc.

I would like to put a big amen on this message.

I would also like to add one more tool to Elizabeth's list of possible
tools. That is a workable method for scanner and validator to share a
book.
I'll not say more on the matter, because I think my views are well known.

But I was discomforted by the fact that it seems that bookshare engineers
are going into jee-wiz mode rather than giving us workable tools to do our

job, and that's a shame.

Bob