[bksvol-discuss] Re: page numbers and student contest

  • From: Tracy Carcione <carcione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:39:54 -0500

Joanie et al,
I too am becoming very frustrated with Benetech's unresponsiveness.  I've
been a member of Bookshare for 2 and a half years, and I can't recall any
major improvement to the usability of the website, despite our good
suggestions.  No moving the language indicator to a better place, or
reorganizing the step1 download page, or the admittedly complex addition of
more and better categories.
The only improvement I've seen is in quality, for which I think we
volunteers can give ourselves a pat on the back.

I think the suggestion of having the stripper be part of the unpack tool is
a great one, and would satisfy everyone.  But will Benetech actually look
into it???  A good business listens to its customers, but, too often,
Benetech's attitude seems to be "My way or the highway."
Tracy