[bksvol-discuss] Re: page numbers

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 13:29:10 -0500

It depends on what you are using the book for. If you are writing a review or essay about the book or using it for reference for something else you are writing you may have to refer to a passage in the book and then you have to have a page number to send your reader to. This may also be the case if you are merely discussing the book with someone. Anyway, many of the print books we work on are missing page numbers. This most often occurs on pages that are blank or contain an illustration or at the beginning of chapters. We have been instructed to fill in those missing page numbers. It makes just as much sense to fill them in when the entire book is bereft of page numbers. Page numbers are virtually essential if you expect to find something in the book.

On 1/22/2015 1:15 PM, tina sohl wrote:
Why are they required? You could still bookmark the book with whatever device your are reading with. i have one i'm reading now that just says page one through out the book but the stream and my phone still bookmark it and there are chapters though but I didn't know so was curious and thankfuly it seems rare books are that way as far as i know anyway.