[bksvol-discuss] page breaks program

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 23:28:02 -0800 (PST)

Question: without having the book in hand, how would
such a program identify where the page breaks belong?
Even if page numbers are there, how would the program
know if the page numbers belong at the top of the page
or the bottom, and so know where to put page breaks?

Cindy

--- Pam Quinn <quinns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think it's going to be nearly impossible to
> satisfy everyone. I
> would hope that text quality would come before the
> page break issue.
> One confusing thing about page breaks too is that
> depending on the
> program used, some people don't even see them and
> might mistakenly
> believe that a book has no page breaks. I agree that
> page breaks are
> more crucial in textbooks, and really not at all in
> novels and the
> like.
>
> But here's a thought. Wouldn't it be possible to
> create a program that
> wouold work along the same line as a header
> stripper, only it would go
> through and insert pagebreaks if there weren't any?
> Or maybe there is
> such a program out there somewhere?
>
> Pam

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!