[bksvol-discuss] Re: page breaks in text files

  • From: "Nehemiah R. Hall" <trekman13@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 09:05:46 -0500

Win Dies... ick. lol
Nehemiah
"Back in the sixties he was part of the free speech movement at Berkeley.
I think he did a little too much LDS." Captain James Kirk, Star Trek IV.
The Voyage Home
Email: trekman13@xxxxxxxx or trekman13@xxxxxxxxx
MSN: strongeagle2197@xxxxxxxxxxx
aim screen name: NehemiahRepublic

On Mon, 17 May 2004 08:39:16 -0500 Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

Sara,  your machine is a little skimpy in RAM memory.  You may want to
add another GB when you upgrade to XP.  I would expect a certain amount
of stuttering from your machine.
I'd also would like to know if you have installed GW Micro WindowEyes
with Eloquence and if you are using Kurzweil with the IBM ViaVoice TTS
engine.

Guido

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

"Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
05/14/2004 04:09 PM Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

To<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject[bksvol-discuss] Re: page breaks in text files

My computer is a 1Ghz AMD with 376mb RAM.  The strange number is caused
by 8
mb being used for video.  I run xp pro from the E partition of my
harddrive,
and have 98 on C.  Kurzweil and all my other software is installed to
both C
and E, so the two operating systems can't mess with each other's files.
I have an MSI motherboard with a VIA chipset that jaws doesn't get along
with.  Freedom Scientific is currently investigating, so I don't use xp
much.  I don't use it at all for scanning because I need a new PCI SCSI
card
instead of the ISA one I use in Windows 98.  My crashes only happen when
reading.  I suppose I could say how often if I used it more, but I've
kind
of given up on xp for now.  I really need a new motherboard, but I'm sure
Microsoft would object to Xp being installed on what they will think is a
new computer.
I don't know if Kurzweil can object to my motherboard too, but I wouldn't
be
surprised about it if it did.  Maybe it is just a continuation of the
multiple synthesizers conflicting problem.  It shouldn't be the sound
card,
because I don't use the onboard one.  I installed a SoundBlaster Live
value.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
curious entity at earthlink dot net