[bksvol-discuss] Re: page breaks in text files

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 09:55:32 -0500

IBM Viavoice when possible.  It stopped working in xp for a while, so I had
to try neo-speech. the crashes still happened during that time.  I did a
repair and viavoice came back.  The tech support person from Kurzweil said
if that worked after using eloquence with jaws to have the login speak, I
was just lucky, because they conflict.  I'm glad I was lucky because
neo-speech  doesn't allow me to hear the content of my book clearly enough
to be sure I have fixed some mistakes, and it doesn't know how to pronounce
anything.  It's also somewhat sluggish.  Microsoft speech is only slightly
better than the first synthesizer ever created, and a lot less interesting.
lol

In windows 98 which is on the same computer, I used to have crashes, but now
with version 8 I really rarely have them, and it was already better in
version 7.  I saw plenty of tts.ocx telling me it was time to crash before
that. though.  It has lost the ability to use my keynote software
synthesizer, and a repair or reinstall does nothing for that.  I'm upset
about it, but I can use viavoice successfully.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
curious entity at earthlink dot net