[bksvol-discuss] page breaks

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 07:38:25 -0400

I have volunteered for this list for two and a half or three years. I have validated about 120 to 150 books during this time. There are days when I feel I must express my feeling frustrated as the still unresolved issue or retaining page numbers, instructions to submitters and validators about how to correctly insert and remove page breaks and where they should be and the need to get the stripper under human control so it is operating in an understandable manner.

Bookshare officialdom this is far from trivial. Whoever heard of books where a student, professor, member of a bookclub or anyone else could not tell you what page he or she was on? Folks we need resources put toward this issue for the sake of those using this service for study both official courses and general knowledge.

Somehow I feel increasingly cut off from the grassroots aspect of bookshare. These are real needs of the user community. The volunteer community also seeks guidance in this area. And yet no word whatsoever from the official folks. I do not know if Gustavo is who this is directed to but really someone official needs to say something soon to keep the educational integrity of this effort fron tand center.

E.