[bksvol-discuss] Re: ot reading bookshare books with a braille display

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2008 20:43:10 -0400

Hi all,

Jill, that's a Jackie question. What you want to do is associate brf files with a program on your computer. You need to associate them with a braille program. If you don't have one, something like Duxbury, you can download Wintrans for free.

The Jackie part comes when I can't tell you how to associate the brf files with Wintrans. There is a way, but you'll have to convert the files to text if you want to read them in Word. Word doesn't understand braille files. That's why your getting the conversion table questions.

Jackie can give you specific steps for associating brf files with your programs. I'm not sure how to do it, and if I tell you, I'll make mistakes. I'm wise enough to know what I don't know.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring