[bksvol-discuss] Re: ot for cindy

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 17:43:17 -0700 (PDT)

Jill,

Thanks. You flatter me. I'm lucky that I have easy
access to three different library systems, and between
them I'm usually able to obtain most books--not all,
unfortunately, but most.

However--you want a place to buy books. I did some
research. Admittedly, it's difficult to find this
particular book, partly because the author's name is
often found as Ross-Macdonald, Malcom, and partly
because, for some reasonm, just putting Abigail,
(spelled with an i as the third letter, by the way,
and not an a), or even Abigail followed by a colon,
doesn't work. But putting n the entire title, Abigail:
the Life and Loves of a VIctorian Girl, does reveal
that both Amazon and Barnes and Noble have the
book--supposedly. B&N has it under their used-book
section. I didn't even know until now that they had
separate sections, unlike Amazon.

The tiny URL for the book at amazon is
http://tinyurl.com/kzdxj

The tiny URL for the book at B&N is
http://tinyurl.com/j9esw

I've saved the long URLs, so let me know if the tiny
ones do not work, and I'll send you the long ones.
I've only ever sent the tiny URLs to other people and
never tried actually using them to get to a site
myself.

Cindy