[bksvol-discuss] o.t. computers and scanners

  • From: "Monica Svopa" <svopa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 06:26:18 -0600

Hello list.  I have been away from the list for a few months but am back
subscribed again.  I had a few questions that I hope anyone doesn't mind
answering.  I am getting ready within the next week, to purchase a new computer
system.  I have been using Windows 98 and desperately ned to upgrade.  I am
going to buy a Dell with Windows XP but my dilema is about what scanner to
purchase that would work well with submitting and scanning books.  I have an
old HP scanner I think.  My husband who is sighted wants to buy the all in one
scanner, copier, fax and printer.  I thought of purchaseing the one from Dell
or HP?  What do you all advise?  I am way behind on upgrading my Kurzweil
software; currently I have version 5.0 but will upgrade to the latest which I
believe is like 10 or 11, right?  Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Monica from Texas