[bksvol-discuss] Re: ot: computer problems

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 23:41:21 -0800 (PST)

Cool. Paul's (hubby) is, too. Have you tried snow leopard? Is it very different.

We've run into a little problem.

The computer he was gong to transfer stuff to for me to use is OS9. I've been
using OS 10. I found out that that is why I was having so much trouble (before
you joined) with my books-being-scanned list and some books I was proofing.
What I though I saved, when I opened was different. The corrections I'd saved
weren't on the books-being-scanned list and people were asking why not. I
finally figured out that OS 9 started running when I turned don the computer,
and I hadn't noticed. When I finally did (too long a while later a while later)
I watched when I turned on the computer and stopped it manually. Finally Paul
turned it off altogether (or deactivated or whatever. Now I'm going to get a
new computer or a new software program. I need info from the group re MIxrosoft
Office (Word?). I know the folks don't like 2007 at all; something about
ribbons. I'm going to ask about 2008

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: