[bksvol-discuss] o/t an ableTec tech tip for sending list emails

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bkvol <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 14:02:51 -0700

Folks, given the buzz of the last couple days, here is something to
consider--changing your list email settings to plain text. That way,
no attachments are sent, which prevents u from being annoyed by
blocked messages due to attachments, spurious characters that come out
weird for others, & also protects the list & its members should u
perchance encounter a nasty that's spreading itself via your machine.

I can't tell yall how to do that in every email client, but, in
outlook depressed (I mean, ahem, express) the way to do it is as
follows:

1) When creating the bookshare contact, press alt u to check the box
that says "send email using plain text only".
2) If, as is the case for most if not all of u, the contact is already
in your address list, then highlight it & hit enter, ctrl tab to the
name tab, & hit alt u to check the box, same as in #1.

HTH. This really is a courtesy, & I do advise that, unless there is
extraordinarily compelling reasons to do so, every1 consider changing
their settings for this & all email lists. It truly prevents massive
numbers of headaches for subscribers & list owners alike.
--
Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride