[bksvol-discuss] Re: o.t. accents

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 19:38:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Kasondra,

I lived a couple of blocks from Lake Harriet from 1949
until 1958. Now that you mention the soda vs pop
thing, I remember confusing grocery clerks; in the
East we called soda soda, as I recall, but, as you
point out, in Minneapolis they called it pop. I also
remember confusing people by referring to rain
footwear as rubbers, which is what we called them in
the East.  In Minneapolis and California, I think they
 were/are called  rainboots, even though they're not
always boots -- I may be wrong about that though. I
don't use them any more. We used to call them
galoshes, too.

CIndy

http://mail.yahoo.com