[bksvol-discuss] Re: o/t: Web Visum improves website access for blind

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 10:21:21 -0700

Well "sleeping" is the polite & edited version. A less polite but
nonetheless still very much edited version is that the A T industry
was caught w/its pants down & the goods exposed. I think it
interesting that they unabashedly take our hundreds & thousands of
dollars & would not do this for us, while a couple sighted guys w/no
initial knowledge of A T who just wanted to know why they were getting
complaints about accessibility of their websites not only could, but
would, & that for free! The A T industry should be ablush with shame!
& I think we have now confirmed what we've known for years--e.g.,
they're robbin us blind! & the last thing I'm gonna say on this is
that we as blind folks perhaps need to consider putting our money on
things like NVDA or other open source screenreaders so that they can
be developed into a viable access solution that's responsive &
adaptable to our needs.

I'm done. Comment privately should u wish.