[bksvol-discuss] Re: ot: Need Info About Technology for Deaf People

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 16:17:37 -0700 (PDT)

Have you checked with the phone company? I seem to
remember seeing that service advertised on our phone
bills.

And a book I recently validated for bookshare, Inside
Deaf Culture, mentioned phones used by deaf and
hard-of-hearing people. One person's dad used it for
business after having had hearing neighbors help him
for a while.

I'll see what I can find on line, but I suggest the
phone company first. One of the added fees we now have
to pay is for phone services for the deaf and
hard-of-hearing.

Cindy