[bksvol-discuss] optimizing scans in k1000 while using the opticbook 3800 scanner

  • From: "Larry Lumpkin" <llumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 18:32:28 -0500

I am addressing this to those among us who use k1000 hopefully the latest
version with the opticbook 3800 scanner on 64-bit windows 7 machines.  Have
you tried experimenting with brightness under static threshold.  Do you
notice any differences in quality between setting 1, setting 99 or setting
50?  I have done this experiment and the output isn't noticeably different.
I would expect to get very poor results or no results at all under setting 1
or setting 99.  I did this experiment because I was getting very unusual
brightness resultgs when running the k1000 optimizer.  I would get static
which I hoped for but brightnesses of 70 or 75 or higher which weren't
normal at all.  Using the opticbook 3600, I would get brightnesses of 58 to
62 or 63.  I would appreciate your thoughts on this,.