[bksvol-discuss] opinions wanted

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 20:15:00 -0500

Hi all,
I've finished scanning a book that I plan to submit to Bookshare, but I'd like
a sounding board on a couple of issues to do with it. First of all, the book is
a corrections dictionary for Spanish. It is entirely in Spanish--not a
Spanish/English dictionary. I've done what I could to make sure my scanner
settings were appropriate to this book and it seems to have come out pretty
well, but I'm no where near disciplined enough, or one might say crazy enough,
to edit a 500-page dictionary. So I suppose when I submit I'll mark it good and
hope it's not too disastrous. I may be able to submit this book in one of two
ways--with the original linebreaks left intact, or not. Normally linebreaks are
not desirable, but since this is a dictionary it might be nicer to have them.
With the linebreaks in there are 3 words on a line when there is no info
besides just the word--besides corrections this can be used as a spelling
dictionary. The reason linebreaks might be nice is that when a word does have a
correction it seems to be placed at the beginning of a line--otherwise it can
be in the middle of a lot of unrelated stuff and really hard to sort out.

If anyone thinks they might use this dictionary or has scanned or validated
others let me know what you think. Also, if anyone would care to validate it
let me know.
Thanks,
Kellie