[bksvol-discuss] Re: opinions on blank pages wanted

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 05:47:30 -0500 (EST)

Lissi

There is no right or wrong answer here; just opinions!
Personally, I like, if all possible, to preserve all blank pages and do
assign a number to it if appropriate.
The truth, Lissi, is that, without the print book in hand, you have no way
of knowing whether that copy shows a number on that page or not.
So, if you know that page 81 is the separator between the end of chapter
5, ending on page 80, and the beginning of Chapter 6 on page 82, I number
that blank separator page 81.
It is also an indication to the reader, presuming the stripper doesn't
mishandle something, that page 81 is accounted for.

I should also point out that this is taking validation to the extreme and
is far beyond what the average validator does and beyond expectation.
But yes, your thinking is on target.