[bksvol-discuss] Re: opening folders in Kurzweil

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 19:52:55 -0400

What you do is this. Hit the enter button on the zipped file. Winzip opens. Hit control f to bring up file menu and downarrow once to extract all. Then make sure it extracts into the edit box you want it to do and tab over and hit finish and there is your extracted rtf file or whatever. Winzip will try to put the file in its own folder so you make sure the path is where you really want to have the unzipped file go. I know my explanation is messy but if you try it out perhaps you can follow what I just wrote. Someone else may also say it better in anothe message.

E. At 05:15 PM 8/8/2006, you wrote:

Hi Jill:

Am I correct in assuming that this is a book you're validating? If so, when we download books to validate, they're zipped. That means that it's a folder with the book zipped inside it.
I guess it becomes like a tree view where you have to tab to get to the actual file.

Hope this helps.

*** Grace

For scanning and validating  tips
check out