[bksvol-discuss] Re: opening brf files in k-1000

  • From: "Tiffany H. Jessen" <tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 20:18:17 -0500

If anyone wants it, I have a very detailed document which describes setting up
and sending files between the computer and most of FS's old notetakers,
including braille n speaks, type n speaks, braille lites, type lites, and those
lines. It uses HyperTerminal and the serial cable which should have come with
the notetaker. If you don't have one you can still buy them fairly priced. This
is useful because you A, don't have to shell out major money for the disk
drive, but also B, you are not limited to the capacity of a floppy. On the
other hand, the disk drives are much more portable than a computer or even
laptop, and they turn on instantly.
 I won't be home until Monday night, but if you want it just email me at
tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tiff