[bksvol-discuss] online dictionary no captia needed

  • From: "Cheryl Fogle" <cfogle@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 12:54:51 -0600

How about using

 http://www.onelook.com

for your dictionary. It offers a web form and check boxes for finding a deffinition or a translation. Results are presented as links that take you to dictionary pages. You might have to do a find command to get right to your text. Example, I searched for a translation of archaeology and got a english-spanish dictionary with all the words beginning with A on the same page. HTH

Cheryl
On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 20:00:27 -0500 (CDT)
 mswanson@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Guess I dislike those people-verifyer images that I can never spell the acronym right. Anyway, could the person who so kindly offered to set up
any site requiring them please contact me off-list?

I've decided to actually join <www.wordreference.com> and they haven't
responded to my letters re the captscha problem.

For those interested, it's a site one can add to a Google home page and features multilingual dictionaries as well as forums for translators. A
natural for many of us, don't you think?
--
-- Lost that great quote in my clipboard again.Pax, Max. <Mail to:
mswanson@xxxxxxxxxxx> or <swando99@xxxxxxxxx>