[bksvol-discuss] Re: one of my books got replaced sad smile

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 21:00:18 -0800 (PST)

You're a much nicer person than I, just to feel sad. I
was hopping mad and still am when I think about it.

We had a list--I think I still have it somewhere--to
check before scanning a book to see if it is one that
publishers will send. HarperCollins is the main
publisher, so if you don't want that to happen again,
don't scan HC books.

I've heard that there were problems with PQ books. I
don't know if they have all been resolved or not. At
one point they weren't available in BRF--or was it
Daisy. I don't remember. I know the books I validated
were Excellent--I sdare to say perfect, or almost, and
I didn't appreciate them being replaced, but c'est la
vie.

Cindy

--- Julia <julia.kulak@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, I'm not sure whether to be glad or sad that one
> of my scanns got replaced with a publisher quality
> submition. I guess I'm kind of both, since this will
> hopefully lead to more books at a higher quality,
> but on a personal note,  I'm a bit sad, since I took
> the time to scan it and make sure it didn't have any
> errors in it, and now its gone. Oh well, I'm sure
> all of you are going through the same woes. Just
> thought I'd share. By the way, the book was Theory
> of Relativity by Jacqueline Mitchard.
> JuliaP. S. I just got done scanning The Virgin Earth
> by Philippa Gregory only to discover to my chagrin
> that its a Harper Collins book, so am not sure
> whether or not to submit since it'll be replaced.
> Any thoughts?

AT
www.lljfm.net/bookshare/home.htm

http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/