[bksvol-discuss] one more thing re: quotation marks post

  • From: "Scott Blanks" <scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 19:08:13 -0400

As a quick addendum to my last post, the problem quotation marks I mentioned are not consistent. In other words, some of the quotated sentences that end with question mark *are* ok, some are not. Also, any time the quotation mark is a problem, it is also connected to the next word, no space in between. I'm pasting my original message below as well in case you didn't see it the first time.

Hi all,

I have just been downloading a couple of the books I submitted in order to
see how they look in braille. For the most part things are ok, with one
exception. Where ever there is a quotated sentence, i.e. dialog, the mark
that begins the sentence is the same as the mark that closes the quotation.
So what I see is dots 2, 3, 6 to open, and dots 2, 3, 6 to close. Now, I
only see this in the dialog where there is a comma or question mark ending
the quotated sentence. The quotated sentences which end with period have the
correct dots 3, 5, 6.

Any idea why this happened? Is there something I can do to fix this when I
submit books in the future?

Thanks,
Scott