[bksvol-discuss] Re: old books on step 1

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 20:41:36 -0600

Hi Jill,

You have brought up a very good example that I think everyone can learn from.

Here's the crux of the matter, Gustavo repeatedly says:

Please verify if Hertz and Marshall are the authors or editors of this
publication.

He is looking at the book's meta data, which is what is entered on the form on
the website. Here is the author field on the form:

Rosanna Hertz, Nancy L. Marshall

which by ommission says they're not editors. Yet when Sarah validates the book
in her comments she says they're editors, yet she has failed to indicate this
on the form, thus why Gustavo has repeatedly kicked it back. (Sarah has been
under the impression that Gustavo is looking at the title page.)

Yes, I agree that by the third message Gustavo should have said something else
to better communicate about this book. Presumably if both of those authors are
editors that simply needs to be corrected on the form and the book will be
accepted. Under that assumption, for the record they should be entered as:

Rosanna Hertz (editor), Nancy L. Marshall (editor)

Anybody up for giving this validation a whirl now?

HTH,
Jake