[bksvol-discuss] Re: old books on step 1

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 01:51:14 -0500

Cindy,

Last Modified does not mean Last Submitted.  Therefore the opposite is not
true either.  The oldest books will not be at the bottom of Step 1 unless
they've never been downloaded or have not been downloaded for a very long
time.

If you still don't understand, then try this little experiment.  Download
the book at the bottom of Step 1, release it, then look to see where it is
in the list.  Since you will have modified its history by downloading and
releasing it, it will now be at the top of the list.

If you want to know hwich books are the oldest, look at their IDs.  Each
time a book is submitted, it's given the next ID, so the lower the ID, the
older the book is.  You can see the IDs by looking on the new Books In
Process page.  Looking through the older IDs, you can see that book 37215
was submitted May 15, 2006, or or a year ago this week, so any books older
than that will have a lower ID.

There are 4 books currently on Step 1 which are older than 1 year:

34854 - Working in America: Continuity, Conflict, and Change
36548 - Firebird
36681  - The Compleat Meadmaker
37215  - The Divine Conspiracy

There are also 3 books being validated which are older than 1 year:

33884  - Blanche on the Lam
34567  - Mao's Last Dancer
37021 - A New Religious America

The oldest book just disappeared off Step 1 in the last few days, but those
other two have not been seen on Step 1 for months.  Actually, I believe
Mao's Last Dancer has been sitting on someone's Step 2 page for nearly a
year.

Gerald