[bksvol-discuss] ol Text Formatting in MS-Word

  • From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:34:36 -0800

When working in MS Word, we all know about the usual toolbar / ribbon buttons
and lists that allow us quick access to things like font type, size, bold,
italics, underline, color, etc. Did you know that there are even more aspects
of your fonts that can be manipulated?

There are things like character spacing and text effects to be explored, along
with options like strikethrough text, superscripts, shadow, embossed text,
engraved text and so on.

The question becomes: "Where are all these things? After all, I certainly don't
see them on the Formatting toolbar or the Home tab of the Ribbon."

You're right. You don't see all the options on that toolbar or tab, you just
see the most frequently used items. For more options, you've got to go to the
Font window.

One way to access the "extras" is to use the Format menu, Font choice (older
versions of Word) or Home tab, Dialog Box Launcher button in the bottom right
corner of the Font section (Word 2007). A faster way would be to do a quick
Ctrl + D (this one works for all versions of Word). Look at all the new options!

Email: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx
Messenger: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxxxx