[bksvol-discuss] official addendum to manual

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 15:20:22 -0400

Discussion among volunteers on certain points may well come back to the stripper and translator.

We volunteers need official input from Jake or other official sources on certain topics.

These topics may include the below list. I may have missed some. TheyItems on the list have been discussed in relation to the stripper and translator for the six years I have been on this list.

They are in no particular order of importance

requirement somebody strip out repeating headers and footers or their garbled text cousins from tops and bottom of pages The product going into the collection comes out more elegant with these removed.

protecting chapter headings such as the chapter name and its number

protecting page numbers

handling of elipses that is  period period period ...

handling of fonts

format of paragraphs

italics

accented letters

captions and descriptions

If volunteers have official feedback, we can upload as well-formed books as possible to the admin queue.

Together staff and volunteers can solve the mystery of the stripper demon.

Those inclined to magic, think of it as a troublesome sprite meant originally for good.

Jake thanks for your messages. I have literally saved them all.

Is there a way we can send them to staff and post this info somehow besides just on friends of bookshare?

The friends site is a terrific resource and your info certainly ought to be posted there.

Posting it as part of the manual gives those who may not be aware of friends of bookshare and may not be on this list a chance to learn.

all the best,

E.