[bksvol-discuss] Re: offering HP scanjet 4p

  • From: Sarah Van Oosterwijck <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 17:47:46 -0500

I use my legal sized scanner to scan two pages of a book at once without losing the page numbers or anything. In my opinion a big scanner may in some cases be slower, but the little scanners would have to be twice as fast to make up the time saved in scanning two pages at once. I'm amazed how many people are contented with scanning 1 page at a time with hardcovers. Happy some people don't get all confused when flipping the book around and around as it is necessary to do when scanning one page at a time. I had an awful time of it when I had to scan a few enormous text books that way. I have found a few books that had binding shadow problems, but most books scan fine.

I don't know any hardware besides HP scanners that work without issues for more than 10 years. :-) I practically feel an emotional bond with this scanner I'm giving up. LOL It helped me through college and scanned books I enjoyed, and books I submitted to bookshare.

Maybe one of those sites that feature locally available items will help me find someone who would like it. I'm just Afraid that it's only perfect for OCR and not for what most people use scanners for now days.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://curiousnetentity.com