[bksvol-discuss] Re: oddity in bookshare file

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 13:23:00 -0500

Another possibility is that your settings for how files get handled have gotten changed. Microsoft did an enormous security update on all Windows systems from XP through 8 that has caused some really strange problems with Windows Media Player and messed with settings in Media Player and some versions of Microsoft Office. If your computer does regular Microsoft security updates, that could have done something. Just a thought.

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>

On 6/2/2014 12:18 PM, Charisma wrote:
Is this a flaw I need to report to bookshare?

I downloaded a book and extracted it, but instead of extracting like its done for every book since I joined in 2006, my Bookshare audio book started playing in Windows Media Player. Is this a flaw in the file? Its never done this before.

Charisma