[bksvol-discuss] Re: number of books in library

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 12:15:29 -0500

Cheryl,
I remember a library staff member telling me when I was volunteering at the library last year, but the exact number is slipping my mind. 1.6 million is coming to mind but all I know for sure its more than a million.
A quick search of the website yielded no results.

I believe the Library of Congress has upwards of 26 million per an article posted on this list some time ago.

Keep in mind though that bookshare is only in its third year and that no previous system has been able to churn out the volume of books we have.

Jake
----- Original Message ----- From: "Cheryl Fogle" <cfogle@xxxxxxx>