[bksvol-discuss] Re: not saved in rtf?

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 19:49:35 -0500

Monica I do know we were advised not to validate in wordpad. I thought the reason given was ruining of page breaks.

E.
At 07:14 PM 11/22/2007, you wrote:
Hi, E. WordPad does preserve page breaks but will not preserve section breaks. At least, that's what the Microsoft knowledge base indicates. Section breaks appear to be something that is unique to Microsoft Word, even though it will put them into an rtf file. I wonder if we can persuade Microsoft to address the section break issue for future releases of WordPad since that is bundled for free with versions of Windows.

Monica Willyard

E. wrote:
If you put it into wordpad you lose all pagebreaks so you cannot go that route.

E.