[bksvol-discuss] Re: "not quite ready for prime time list"

  • From: "Cindy Ray" <cindyray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 07:50:01 -0500

Well, I am going to say two more things on this subject, probably both
of which I shouldn't. First of all, I think that at this point those
of us who are needing textbooks are aware that we will spend some wait
time on them.

Second, I think it is a wonderful thing to validate; but I think you
have to set priorities and do the best you can and not worry about the
rest. That's not to say don't do a good job or the best you can, but
if you can't get them all done when you need to, you can't. I scan
textbooks and, though I've not submitted any, I treat them as if I am
going to submit them and probably will one day. It is much harder to
do books that are not interesting to you, but you elect to do that.
You take pride in your work; and I know that your pride shines through
when people read your work. However, it doesn't take that long to go
to the site and renew a book that you can't finish--less time than it
takes to download for pleasure. Please don't try to create more and
more rules, more and more lists. You have people signing on as
volunteers all the time. You add volume to what has to be learned
already, and you will have people overwhelmed by what they see and
they won't bother to sign up. If you want validation to be an
exclusive club, then this would be one way to make that happen.

Cindy Lou Ray. Each day is a new adventure.