[bksvol-discuss] not quite a rhetorical question

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 00:24:05 -0700 (PDT)

I'd like to know why so many publishers want to start
new chapters on the right-hand page (recto?) If the
previous chapter ends on the page preceding he first
page of the next chapter, fine. The text continues.
But if the previous chapter ends on a right-hand page,
there is a blank page before the first page of the
next chapter, and it counts in the pagination.

Does anyone here know anyone in the publishing
business?   There must be a reason, because I've seen
this in so many books I've validated--probably books
I've read, too, but Ijust didn't pay any attention.
Having or wanting to keep the pagination correct, it
becomes more noticeable, but for the life of me I
can't think of a good reason for it.