[bksvol-discuss] Re: (no subject)

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 16:22:10 -0700

Hi, Jamie, I heard Ms. Corriher talk on the Food Network and she was
fascinating. I remember reading Harold McGee's book On Food and Cooking: The
Science and Lore of the Kitchen. You learned about the chemical reactions
that take place when you cook eggs, meat, ferment cheeses and wine, etc. I
think Ms. Corriher deals with this, but don't know if she has recipes in her
book as it's unavailable to me. It should certainly be interesting to folks
who like knowing what happens when foods are cooked. Regards, Kim.

  _____