[bksvol-discuss] Re: night journey by Avi

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:08:01 -0400

Dear E,

Thanks for your interest in Encounter At Easton. Plans to scan Night Journey are in the works and I'll be validating. I wasn't wild about putting the second book up first, but you know about the complications of rounding up books. It just happened that I was able to get Encounter At Easton at a recent Library Book Sale and with a stellar scanner willing to scan and allow me to validate, I jumped on the opportunity. I'll probably get Night Journey from Paperback Swap, mail it to her, and get a copy from my library to use for validating. If that doesn't work, we'll drum up the books we need one way or another. Night Journey is number 1 on our list of over 50 books. I mentioned that Easton was a sequel, so readers would have the chance to read the books in order, and hoping to snag 2 book downloads with one title.

We have Blue Heron, by Avi on our list, too.

Like you I have pet topics, genres and authors and I sprinkle miscellaneous books among them. Avi is one of my top priority authors these days. I like his historical fiction and the moral issues his young characters define and must deal with.

So far I've validated 4 Books by Avi. It was Amber W. who alerted me to his talent and popularity with young readers. In the past 8 months I've been trying to support Bookshare's initiative to add more books for young people to the collection. Today I uploaded Junie B. Jones and the Yucky Blucky Fruitcake. We have about 20 books in this series with about 5 more to go.

The Alfred Summer is my next validation, a book for middle-schoolers or maybe high school readers by Jan Slepian. It's about a project some kids with C. P. undertake over the summer.

What's up with your Bookshare work these days? I love hearing who's working on what. It gives me the feeling we're working together and often gives me the chance to look forward to books that are on the way.

Always with love,

Lissi